September 29, 2019
Vietnam Visa on arrival posts
How to get a free 30 day visa to visit Phu Quoc Island with a direct flight and transit/connecting flight at the Vietnam International Airport
Usually, you need a visa in order to enter Vietnam. But if you don’t want to go through the visa process, there’s a way for you to visit Vietnam without having to obtain a visa. You can visit the island Phu Quoc visa free! Do note that you may only enter the island visa free and cannot go to mainland Vietnam, even after you’ve arrived to Phu Quoc. But the island is paradisiacal and definitely worth visiting, with or without traveling to mainland Vietnam.
All visitors who’s traveling to Phu Quoc Island can stay there up to 30 days visa free. The only catch is that you must stay within the island and arrive at Phu Quoc directly from a third country, or transit/connecting flight to the domestic terminal from the international terminal and take the domestic flight to Phu Quoc airport on the same day.
Conditions to visit the island visa free for 30 days
- Your passport must be valid for more than six months upon your entry to Vietnam. If your passport is about to expire, you must renew it before going on your trip.
- Stay on the island for maximum 30 days
- You must have a round trip ticket to and from Phu Quoc International Airport. You cannot enter with a single entry ticket. You must have a ticket out of Phu Quoc to any other country except Vietnam.
- You have not violated the immigration laws in Vietnam before.
- You are not on Interpol’s offense list.
Direct Flight to Phu Quoc International Airport
You can easily get a free 30-day visa to visit Phu Quoc Island if you take the direct flight to Phu Quoc International Airport.
Once you’ve arrived to the airport, you must present:
- A passport that’s at least valid for 6 months from the entry date to the island
- A ticket out of the island in order to prove that you won’t stay for longer than 30 days in Phu Quoc. Please print out all tickets or related schedules so you can show the staff at the airport.